Welcome to the official website of the Smith Lake Disc Golf Course. The Smith Lake Disc Golf course is open to the public annually from May 1 to first snowfall (usually around late October to mid November). The course is located at the north end of Whitefish Lake. Click here for a map to the course. The course is a technical and longer 27 hole course that has elevation changes. Bring water and food and be ready for some awesome views.
Due to a historic blow down the course is still being rebuilt and a handful of holes are playable at this time. Holes 1 & 2 are open, holes 15 to 18, and 21 to 27. We do not have a map at this time but will soon when the new course lyaout is fully approved.
The Smith Lake Disc Golf Course is located on Montana DNRC Trust Lands. The course operates through a special recreational land use agreement between the Montana DNRC and Whitefish Disc Federation LLC.
A State Land Recreation Use Permit is required for anyone conducting a non-commercial activity on State Trust Lands not related to hunting and fishing. Applicable non-commercial activities include, but are not limited to, hiking, skiing, sightseeing, and day horseback use. To learn more click here.
Please be bear aware and carry bear spray. As the author of this page I’ve had 3 bear encounters on the course and one from 3 feet away. Make noise, control your dog, and be prepared.
COURSE USE RULES:
- STATE GENERAL RECREATION LICENSE REQUIRED FOR ALL USERS. Click here for more information.
- NO LITTER. PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACK IN.
- DO NOT SMOKE WHILE PLAYING THE COURSE. SMOKE AT DESIGNATED PARKING AREAS.
- DOGS MUST BE VOICE CONTROLLED OR ON A LEASH. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG(S).
- NEVER THROW WHEN PEOPLE ARE WITHIN RANGE. BE PATIENT AND ASK TO PLAY THROUGH.
- DO NOT BREAK TREES OR BRANCHES. RESPECT THE LAND AND KEEP THIS PLACE BEAUTIFUL.
- PLEASE STAY ON SINGLE TRACK FOOT PATHS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
- PUBLIC RESTROOMS ARE LOCATED 1 MILE UP EAST LAKESHORE DRIVE AT THE SWIFT CREEK TRAILHEAD.
- THE COURSE IS CLOSED FROM THE FIRST SNOWFALL UNTIL MAY 1 ANNUALLY.